Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

My Memorial Day was pretty uneventful. I drove into town with the boys--and we tried to find a restaurant in downtown Glasgow that served food at 3pm.

It was harder than it sounds.

I finally remembered Andy me telling me about a good brunch place called Oasis.
So we went there.
It was probably one of the worst bar/restaurant experiences of my life. The woman working the bar was very displeased with the fact that we wanted to order food at 3:00pm, but she did finally give us menus.. Our choices were hamburger, chicken strips, nachos, buffalo wings, or pizza. At least, that's what the menu said our options were. Stephen ordered the buffalo wings--but they were out.

We then hit up the movie theater downtown. The incredibly remote/abandoned movie theater downtown, that only had two movie theater rooms.. (Flashback to seeing movies in Bowling Green, Ohio's scary mall/movie theater.)
 Here I am in front of the theater(s) with my peppered jerky that I bought at the concession's stand.
(Where am I..)
(Don't answer that. I was being rhetorical.)
 Aaand so--after what seemed like a very long time----we drove to Pamida before realizing it was already closed, due to today being Memorial Day. We left the parking lot, almost getting stuck in a giant puddle (it had been raining all the time), and headed to the local grocery store. ...It continued to rain, and never got over 45 degrees, I bet. So much for SUMMERtime. I anxiously await the day when temperatures finally rise out here.

9am call tomorrow--back to the grindstone.
Blessings,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment