Saturday, May 12, 2012

Surprise Party

Woof. Got up extra early this morning to plug in this entry.
For those of you who may not already know, I surprised my mother last December with a 50th birthday party that involved many of our close friends, back at our house. (We had the thing a few days before her actual birthday, so she really had no idea.. which was great.) Decorations were brought, I made martinis, it was great.

LAST night.. it was my turn to be the one who was surprised:
My parents gave a beautiful send off party at Osso here in downtown Charlotte. Lots of friends and good food. The venue was amazing (snake skin couches. furry couches. well-cushioned white chairs.) as was the menu. My mom put up a few posterboards with a collage of show photos on a table with a few candles, where the guests could leave cards. Like a shrine. Sort of. :P A colorful, lively one at that.

The manager of the restaurant came up to me at one point and said, "That's just amazing how you can become all those different people!!! You have so many different looks!"
 
Alright. Time to get packin'.
I have much to do and not very much time to do it in.

I'll let you know how my flights turn out tomorrow as I venture out to the ol' West. I'll be getting on three planes to get there (which should give me plenty of downtime to check in.. I think?)

I spoke with one of the company members recently who said something about a bunch of people picking me up from the airport, all at once. That would be fantastic. :)

Until next time, my readers!
Danielle



"Take pride in how far you've come and have faith in how far you can go."

No comments:

Post a Comment