Thursday, May 17, 2012

Technical Difficulties

I apologize that I haven't been keeping up more on here: I've been experiencing some technical difficulties with my computer as of late (on top of being in rehearsal or the shop from 9am to 10pm everyday). The "clicker" button on my computer has gone kaput.. Or at least it had.. before I realized that I could take out the battery pack from underneath my computer, which would bring it back to life.

(I don't really know how my computer's still running at the moment. But we'll see if this no-battery-option works until I can post this entry.)

I got to drive the company truck the other day. We brought a bunch of scrap wood and paint cans to the dump. I had Shy shoot me driving it:


Rehearsals have been going well so far--Wins and I are just overwhelmed by the amount of quick-witty-banter we'll have to throw at each other.. but I'm sure we'll have it in no time. (We're already pretty much memorized for Act 1, and although Act 2's longer, I think we'll be alright. I bet we'll be off book by this weekend.)

I've spent so much time in the shops lately, my arms and hands are sore.
Pulling out staples from 2x4s and 1x4s is NOT fun.

And I've got some GOOD news to report!
I will be returning to Canterbury Summer Theatre this season to play Marcy Park in their 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, along with the "Actress" in Play it Again, Sam who portrays multiple dinner dates for one of the main guys (I think. I have to go research it more.)

For those of you who don't already know, I have a special love in my heart for "Spelling Bee". I saw it with my family when it first came out on Broadway after Jesse Tyler Ferguson left to be on Modern Family, when Barrett Foa took over Coneybear. During the show Foa offered the audience member sitting beside him half of a sandwich that came from who knows where, and to Foa's surprise, the guy took it from him and began eating it. Since then, the "offering half the sandwich" bit has been cut from the show--in case a future audience member were to also take Foa's sandwich, choke on it, and then potentially sue the theater

Spelling Bee's on my list of shows I've always wanted to do, along with Millie (already checked) and Hairspray (sadly, not checked. I always seem to be too tall to get cast.)

Anyways--I'm so glad that I'll be able to see my old friends again! It'll be great to go back to Panini Panini, and Roma's, and McGuinness, and the beach. And I'll definitely have to hit up the "Taste of Michigan City" one more time.

Until next time, my readers.
-Danielle-


No comments:

Post a Comment