Friday, June 1, 2012

Haunted Drinks & Whadja Thinks

Hello hello my readers!!
A lot has happened since I last updated el blog!
Tuesday was "National Ira Day" here at FP (dedicated to a member of the company who passed away this year, whose birthday was May 29th). We celebrated by taking a complimentary ghost tour and sharing "Carl's Haunted Special". For those of you who are unaware of what a "Carl's Haunted Special" is.. just know that it's $12, and you feel it after about 2 sips. The mug is gigantic, and there's pineapple juice in it, but that's all I know. ((I didn't indulge in one--I've actually refrained from drinking for the most part this summer, aside from buying a bottle of wine every once in awhile. It's been saving me money, and I've realized I can have just as much fun being sober than if I was intoxicated. Plus, I just like watching how people act when they're drunk and I'm not. :) Call it character study.))

Alright, now, this one's for the books. Ever met someone in one city, and then found their twin in another? Not literally.. Their look-a-like. Their doppleganger. --I've noticed this before. In fact, I'm starting to notice stock character types when it comes to working with summerstock people. You've got your know-it-all, who will always know more about theatre/shows/people/insert word than you. Then there's your really outgoing actor, that thrives off of doing wacky things just to keep everyone laughing. There's the traditional, dependable one. The one that's uber health-conscious. But ALSO: as put before: every once in awhile you'll find someone who LOOKS like someone else you've worked with. Check this out.


                                         


Here's a snippet from one of our rehearsals for All Shook Up. Enjoy! <3
Until next time, my readers!
-Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment