Tuesday, May 22, 2012

First drech

Our first dress tech was this morning. Or "drech", as Eric likes to call it.
And then we ran the show again this afternoon.
We'll be running it again tonight, and then at least twice tomorrow and at least once on Thursday.

Lots of costume changes. Lots of running around frantically in heels. (I'm contemplating burning mine after the run of this show is over.)

I hardly even recognize myself.
Everyone else in the house seems to have so much energy on our breaks. I had no idea HOW, until I realized that practically everyone else in the cast gets a huge break. They get to sit out in the house for at least half of the show. I don't come in until page 20ish in the script, but then it's literally go-go-GO. I'm constantly on the move: frantically running to the bathroom, yelling at Winslow for calling my husband, cleaning the living room, putting clothes away, hanging up sports trophies, rearranging Trivial Pursuit, putting away baseball gloves and croquet mallets and golf clubs. And that's just the first act. During intermission I get to clean up MORE, pick up a giant air conditioning unit and force it into the UR window, bring out an air purifier and plug THAT in, get out my big heavy suitcase and decorate the living room with doilies and picture frames.. Yeah.. It's a lot.

Nearly all of my costume changes come right after I spend time onstage cleaning or organizing SOMETHING. Florence doesn't stop.

Off to go try to catch a quick nap before our run tonight!
Until next time, my readers!
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment