Monday, May 28, 2012

Day Off!

Today I get to enjoy my first day off since I've been here in MT. We plan to go to Pamida (think Wal-Mart + thrift store + Hobby Lobby) and probably the grocery store.. in town, which is, yes, 15 miles away. And everyone for All Shook Up is finally here. Stephen (playing Chad) put things pretty well this morning:

"I find it strange that they don't even have like.. a coffee shop around here.. Or a gas station.. Or a movie theater.. .."

Opening night went relatively well.
Unfortunately, we only had about 30 people make it out to the theater on Friday (maybe it was more than that. The house is huge.) due to the fact that it's been so COLD AND RAINY HERE. All this week it's been in the 40s. And overcast, for the most part. My phone tells me it's supposed to get up into the 70s by the end of next week.. It better be right.....

We had a sweet after-party after Friday's show. Board members brought finger foods and alcoholic beverages for us to have as we mingled and met everyone who'd braved the wind and the freezing rain to come out to see us in Fort Peck. Here's a shot of "The Odd Couple" with their odd director. (I say that with love of course.) <3 Eric really was a great director. Serious about his work, but not too serious about setting things in stone, which gave me a lot of freedom to do what I wanted and made the rehearsal process really fun.
Saturday night's numbers doubled, and then they doubled again for the Sunday matinee (the house was about 65% full). I've been told that we'll probably get a lot more people as the weeks drag on, and more people here of the show--and it gets warmer--.

There've been a few minor mess-ups but nothing too huge. During Saturday's show I forgot to set the stage for the upcoming scene because I kept thinking about my quick change. Jacob ran over with Annie on the mic saying: "Where's Florence?! Florence out onstage NOW." I couldn't remember why I had to be onstage. Actor's worst nightmare. Or, well, up there with the underwear thing. I've already gone through that one though.

In other news, they've moved a small organ into our house.. took it up from the rehearsal rooms.. .. So now 1 or 2 of the men in the house who think they can play goof around on it until it makes me want to chop their fingers off. Luckily my room's pretty far away from the sitting room downstairs. :)

Rehearsals have started for All Shook Up. I'm playing the same role that MJ (fellow OCU grad) is currently playing in Kansas. Small world. My song sounds like something out of a Baptist Revival--complete with old church ladies, 6 part harmonies, and a high C at the end. This week should be pretty easy for me, with lots of shop time and not much rehearsal time.

I'm off for now. Ta - ta!
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment