Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Update

Alright. As promised (unless I didn't promise? In which case.. out of the goodness of my heart..) here's a more in detail post about what went down at the Pitchfork Fondue yesterday.

The log cabin was beautiful. The Etcharts (Mrs. Etchart was the first executive director on the board at Fort Peck. One of the kindest women I've ever met.) live there in the summer with their kids. I think I remember hearing that Mr. Etchart was a carpenter, and designed the layout of the backyard himself. It was stunning. One of those pictures you see in a "Escape Here Now" catalog. They could totally rent out their cabin and make bank.

Here's the deck right outside the house (I should upload these to Pinterest.)
The wooden-side paneled countertop back there had many types of wine inside of it.
 And here's a shot of the side of the backyard. You can see what I mean by those levels.
That canopy chair (right) definitely became my hideout during the water gun fight.
And here's the view from the back of the house. 
Beautiful.

There were SO many different salads there: cabbage salad, some sort of "Milky Way" salad, cucumber tomato salad, spicy southwestern potato salad (my favorite), broccoli salad... And... the other ones I can't remember...

Most people who came up to me at the get together would look me up and down and then say "You're so.. .. .. .. (pause) .. TAN." I heard this so many times from so many different people that I started to think a joke was being played on me. Mrs. Etchart did mention that they don't usually have "tan" actors working at Fort Peck during the summers (which, makes sense.. since we rehearse and work inside all the time..) but I think my painting outside for the past two days is what got me to the shade I am now. I've got one hell of a sneaker--tan line. Let me tell you.

Ah. And did I mention my ride from yesterday?
Morgan & Stephen were kind enough to let Winslow and I be their biker chicks for the evening.
Riding on the back of Stephen's motorcycle was literally one of the greatest feelings in the world. So freeing. So exciting. My mom's probably going to want to shoot me in the face when she sees this (but hey look ma, I'm the one with the helmet). But there's nothing like riding down the road and being able to really HEAR and SMELL the things around you.

I challenge you all to go out there and do something dangerous. Do something that someone else has told you you shouldn't. Or can't. 
 
Just make sure no one dies in the process.
                             .. .. and try not to break any federal laws.  
                                                                       You know what I mean.

We only live once. What's the point of living if you can't get out there and do something awesome every once in awhile?!

So go, right now. And do something crazy. For me.
You'll thank me later.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment