Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Update! (Long one!)


Alrightyyyy.

Guess who has call at 9 aaaand can't sleep?!

>.<

Ah, well.
More time for coffee and toast with jam. :)
I can sleep when I'm dead.

I don't believe I've told you about this special jam.
I think they lace it with something..
Winslow bought it a while back at Reynolds (formerly "Gordons"? .. know. ..Both names are catchy.)

Anyways: they sell locally grown jams--well.. I say locally, I mean "from South Dakota"--in their teeny tiny store aaand the Blackberry Rhubarb is deLICious. The only ingredients in the jam is sugar, blackberries, rhubarb, something, and something. But it's all natural.

So I'm basically eating sugar & fruit on wheat toast. But it's all natural. So it'll wake me up.

Life's too short to care about eating egg whites for breakfast your whole life. Don't judge me.

-------------------------------------------------

Sara (new girl, with long hair who lives in Hollywood, CA) took a picture of everyone from opening night of All Shook Up. Want to see?

Of course you do. You're reading this, aren't you?

:)


Oh! And I just realized I never shared my hiking story the other day!

 
So, on our day off (Monday) I decided to go hiking and get some sun. (Bad idea. Jogging with just a bathing suit top on got me BITTEN.. real bad..) I saw some buffalo.. and eventually passed a guy in a field who was whistling to a couple horses. Long story short, we talked, I told him about my riding ventures back home, and he said he'd be more than happy to let me exercise his horses!! (They team rope and it's better for them to stay in shape anyways, and his wife can't ride anymore.. and the girl who used to exercise them moved away..) PERFECT!!!

Anyways. Here's them:
Sugar & Boo.
So.. while the rest of the company is at a Burlesque / talent show that's about a 90 minute drive away from Fort Peck, I will be saddled on the beautiful paint you see before you.

I've been warned that she likes to "go". I don't know if you've seen the size of the fields out here, but that makes me immensely happy.



So I'm still sitting here... Coffee cup half finished now...

And it's not even 7am yet.

I suppose I could even drive to town if I wanted and pick up a few things.

But I won't. For gas reasons.

Poor Marian dented her car the other day, while I was in it (with Winslow & Noel in the back). :( The horrible part of it is, it isn't her car.... It's her boyfriend's PARENTS' car... that they let her borrow for the summer. ((They treat her like the daughter they never had but, still.. .. I feel for her.)) She and a few of the other costume shop girls are making a trip to Billings today. Wonder if there's anything in Billings they might be able to pick up for me.. Hmmm..

Google search: let's go.

-----------------------------------------

Oh! And there's a new guy in the company! (He and Sara are both relatively new still.) Plays children's roles, even though he's 26.. and a smoker.. .. .. ..

.. odd.

Anywho: he looks like James Franco, so that's pretty cool! At least, I think he does.

I mean. Come on. .. .. .. Tell me you see it.. ..


I'm getting to that point where I do that a lot, actually. Whenever I meet someone new, it usually takes me the span of about 24 hours, tops, before I think "Oh wow. He/she sorta looks like ((insert name))".

It feels strange to not be called into rehearsals anymore. JF and I (see above photos) spackled boxes yesterday for what felt like an eternity. After we cut them, screwed them together, sanded them down, and stapled on sides and facings.

The head 'shopman' (making that a word now), Doug, left us recently to go work in Missoula. He's in high demand apparently.. since he does such great work. (In all seriousness: Doug is amazing.) The shop was sad and cried tears for him yesterday:


I know.
Yuck.

They're supPOSED to be putting in concrete for us, right outside the shop. But ----when you've got workers who get paid by the hour---- breaks come frequently.

So for now we've got ourselves a temporary hole for mud wrestling.

Or a pool.


James Franco and I (I think I'll just be calling him that from now on) had a debate yesterday as to whose voice we thought was better in the company: Jamie's or Ross B.'s. I was pulling for Ross, but he seemed to like Jamie's more. All you need to know is that Jamie has a more mature sound, and a really strong vibrato. Here's one of Ross's songs though. I think you'll like it. Since his voice is awesome. More awesome than Jamie's. Did I mention he wrote this too? Yup. Nope. I'm right. James Franco can suck it. :)


Have a good Wednesday everybody! Here's to hoping that I stay awake til lunch... And then til dinner... Today may become the day of naps. We shall see. Depends on how much coffee I get in my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment