Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Anything-But-Clothes Birthday

So, today was Andy's birthday. (Artistic Director.)
And Marie & Jamie wanted to surprise him. (Stage Manager & Company Manager.) But they knew they'd have to come up with something creative because they actually threw a surprise birthday party for him LAST year.

So...
Marie & Jamie decided that we would make a "sign" that said "Happy Birthday Andy!", and all sign it. We 'pseudo-surprised' him with it this morning at our company meeting. But then the real surprise came tonight when we threw him an Anything-But-Clothes party. (Every once in awhile the house hosts some sort of randomly themed party. A few weeks ago we had our Cowboy party--


and this week we dressed up in everything from feathers & flowers to trashcans and tires. (Wow. Definitely didn't plan that alliteration there.)

Here are some shots from the night.

Doug's costume was definitely the best, though. (Our shop manager.) He created a dress entirely out of luan. ...Yes, luan.


                                                       

 Tomorrow we're called to the shops from 11 to 4, and then, we run the show for the first time in the theater at 6! Thank goodness I don't have to worry about meals as much this week. (The board brings us dinners during tech week. Tonight was sloppy joes and potato salad. :))

Matilda's been fun to play thus far. I've been struggling with finding the truth in what she says, since so much of it is "Musical Theatre-Cheese" style. But I'm working on it. I have to be completely serious about every statement she exclaims, no matter how insane it sounds. Because the second I think I'm funny.. I won't be funny..

Oh! And I think I might've found an apartment in New York that I can live in. And I think I have a roommate lined up. So things are looking up! We'll see what happens.

Ta-ta for now.
-Danielle-

No comments:

Post a Comment